Here is a good news, who are eagerly waiting for Windows 7 RTM. Today Microsoft stated, Windows 7 RTM will be available on Microsoft Connect, MSDN and TechNet on August 6th.
Windows 7 RTM will be available to download from Microsoft Connect, MSDN and TechNet on August 6th in English only. By October 1st, the remaining languages will become available to download.
Here is the time-line for Windows 7 RTM availability:
- For Partners & OEMs: ISV (Independent software vendor) and IHV (Independent hardware vendor) Partners will be able to download Windows 7 RTM from Microsoft Connect or MSDN on August 6th.
- For Business Customers: August 16th. By October 1st, the remaining languages will become available to download.
- For Developers and IT Professionals: August 6th and remaining languages by October 1st.
- For Beta Testers: Beta testers will not automatically receive a free copy of Windows 7.
- For Consumers: Windows 7 will be in retail stores and shipping on new PCs starting October 22nd. If you pre-ordered Windows 7, it should be delivered sometime around the October 22nd.
Microsoft have not confirmed the RTM build number, so the wait continues…
Courtesy: Windows Team Blog