Yesterday, Windows API Code Pack v1.0.1 was released, it is not major release but focused on fixing bugs, improving performance, adding demos and few features updates (new wrappers…)
The Windows API Code Pack for Microsoft .NET Framework provides a free source code library that can be used to access some new Windows 7 features (and some existing features of older versions of Windows operating system) from managed code. For details: Windows API Code Pack for Microsoft .NET Framework.
What’s New in v1.0.1:
- Bug fixes in various features and samples included in v1.0
- Performance improvements in Taskbar Thumbnails and Tabbed Thumbnails screen capture utility.
- A new method in Taskbar feature to enable clearing the Thumbnail clip rectangle
- New classes and APIs in DirectWrite and Direct2D to support glyph-runs
- Additional samples for Aero Glass and Common File Dialog
- Documentation updates in various areas including the addition of missing Direct2D documentation
- .Net Framework 3.5 SP1
- Visual Studio 2008
- Mainly targeted Windows 7 but few features will work on Windows Vista too.
- DirectX features require Windows SDK for Windows 7 RTM
Windows API Code Pack also contains sample application built using the library with separate C# and VB.NET solutions.