With the announcement of Microsoft Office 2013 Consumer Preview, Microsoft has also revealed the minimum system requirements for the upcoming office software suite today.
In general context, there is no special requirements to install new Office system and computers that currently can run Office 2010, can run Office 2013. Although you should check first (just to be safe) the minimum system requirements in prior to install Office 2013 product lineup.
Here’s a breakdown below:
- Computer and processor: 1 Ghz or greater x86/x64 Processor with SSE2 instruction set
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (32 Bit) /2 GB RAM (64 Bit)
- Hard disk: 3.5 GB free disk space
- Operating System: Windows 7 or newer, either 32-bit or 64-bit; Windows Server 2008 R2 or newer with .Net 3.5 or greater. To use with Windows 8 you must be running the Release Preview version or higher. Get the Release Preview.
- Graphics: Graphics hardware acceleration requires DirectX10 graphics card and 1024 x 576 resolution
Note: It isn’t possible to install on a PC running Windows XP or Vista.