The Microsoft Office 2010 Resource Kit provides information about new features and changes in deployment strategies for Office 2010. The documentation is intended for IT professionals who plan, implement, and maintain Office installations in their organizations. library for Microsoft Office 2010 is available as a downloadable .chm file format.
The Office 2010 Resource Kit:
- Contains a list of new and updated technical content for Office 2010.
- Contains a list of content in the Office 2010 Resource Kit that is available as a download.
- Provides an overview of Office 2010, and includes information about what’s new for IT professionals, the Microsoft Office 2010 suites, getting started with Office 2010, and product and feature changes in Office 2010.
- Provides information about some of the tools and methods that are available to help you assess your current environment in preparation for the deployment of Office 2010.
- Provides an overview of the Setup architecture and information about planning for desktop configurations, security, and applications including Microsoft Access 2010, Microsoft Excel 2010, and Microsoft Outlook 2010. It also provides planning information for migration and upgrading from previous versions of Office, as well as planning for virtualization and Remote Desktop Services.
- Provides how-to information for specific deployment tasks, such as customizing the installation, and installing Office 2010 on users’ computers. It also provides information about the new licensing options for Office 2010, including instructions for configuring the infrastructure for volume licensing and activation.
- Provides information about changing users’ configurations after installing Office 2010.
- Provides information new security controls in Office 2010, which make it easier for IT professionals to build a robust defense against threats while maintaining information worker productivity.
- Provides suggested solutions to issues you might encounter during a deployment of Office 2010.
- Provides technical details related to Office 2010 Setup properties and command-line options, and describes the Office Customization Tool and Config.xml file.
An alternative online version of the Office 2010 Resource Kit technical library is also available. Where new content will be updated and published on a regular basis.