The article describes step by step intructions to install Firefox or other web browser on Windows 7 E. This includes Windows 7 E Home Premium, Windows 7 E Professional, Windows 7 E Ultimate and Windows 7 E Starter editions. This version of Windows 7 will not include a browser (for example: it will not come with Internet Explorer 8).
As a result, you will need to separately install a web browser to surf internet, for instance here is the guide to install for Firefox without Internet Explorer.
1. Run Command Prompt and run the following commands. (make sure internet is connected)
2. Type User Name: anonymous and password: ****** (specify a password any thing but something ;) not blank)
3. After successful login, change directory to: /pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.5.1/win32/en-US/. You may alter language and release version as per latest release available.
4. Now execute the command to get Firefox package.
5. Press enter to start downloading Firefox package, that will be downloaded in your user profile folder.
With help of these instructions, you can download Opera too.
Directory path: /pub/opera/win/1000b2/en
- Windows 7 E Ultimate
- Windows 7 E Professional
- Windows 7 E Home Premium
- Windows 7 E Starter