Last week, Microsoft released Microsoft Expression Studio 4 , which is available to MSDN subscribers and a 60-Day Trial copy to public. We installed Expression Studio 4 and experienced that it is crashing exceptionally on start up. It is caused by an interaction between Expression Web 4 add-ins and various anti-virus programs, most notably the Kaspersky Security Suite. We have come to know a workaround to get rid-off this problem and want to share with you. To resolve this issue, follow these simple steps:
1. Run your Kaspersky Security Suite and click on Settings.
2. To configure web traffic settings, select Web Anti-Virus from left pane and then click on Settings button and a Web Anti-Virus dialog pop-ups.
3. Under Additional section, clear the checkbox Block dangerous scripts in Microsoft Internet Explorer and click OK button twice to commit changes.
4. Now re-launch Expression Web 4, it will work fine.
The issue has been reported to Microsoft and we may get some fixes soon.
- Microsoft Expression Web 4
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Kaspersky PURE