The book entitled , Beginning ASP.NET 3.5 In C# and VB (ISBN: 978-0-470-18759-3) written by Imar Spaanjaars, holding 734 pages of information, starting with a quick overview of the HTML and .NET basics and installation and configuration of Visual Web Developer, and ending with deployment.
The best thing of this book is available in both C# and VB versions. Imar Spaanjaars is a polished this book keeping his mind “How to learn ASP.NET 3.5 step by step” Beginning ASP.NET 3.5 helps to build dynamic database driven web sites using ASP.NET 3.5. Starting from scratch, the reader will with time learn how to design and create web sites with interactive elements. After reading this book, the reader should be able to develop a database driven web site on his/her own, using best practices and modern standards.
As I stated earlier, the book follows step by step concept with examples in both VB and C#. The organization of book is one of the factor that attract learner to stick with book and I like its structure. Each chapter using Wrox Try it Out and Hot it works sections. This book is containing 18 chapters and 2 appendixes A and B explaining Exercise Answers and Configuring SQL Server 2005 respectively.
The book covered following topics:
- Getting started with ASP.NET 3.5
- Creating Your First Web Site in Visual Web Developer 2008
- Creating Consistent Looking Web Sites
- Programming Your ASP.NET Pages
- Working with ASP.NET Controls
- Using User Controls
- Creating Data Driven Web Forms
- Introduction to Databases, Displaying, Updating, and working with Data
- Working with Data using LINQ
- Security in Your ASP.NET 3.5 Web site
- Personalizing Web Sites
- Debugging and Tracing Pages
- Compiling and Deployment
I recommend to read and give an opportunity yourself to learn and grow, it’s the best suite for beginners that want to learn ASP.NET 3.5 from scratch. In my opinion, It deserves to score 5 out 5.