Recently few of our readers asked, “Is there any way to install IE9 beta offline?” When IE9 RTM surfaced, we provided direct links of Internet Explorer 9 RTM installers. But those packages are not suffice to install IE9 offline even those are offline installers, because IE9 RTM installer grabs few prerequisites. So we need to install the prerequisites manually.
1. First of all make sure minimum Operating System requirements are met. Internet Explorer 9 needs following Operating Systems:
- Windows Vista (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2 (SP 2) or later versions
- Windows 7 (x86 and x64) or later versions
- Windows Server 2008 (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2 (SP 2) or later versions
- Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 or later versions
On Windows Vista, Internet Explorer 9 Beta requires the following updates:
- Update for Windows Vista – KB971512 [x86] | [x64]
- Update for Windows Vista – KB2117917 [x86] | [x64]
On Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9 Beta requires the following updates:
2. Install all updates one by one and then restart your PC to make sure a system restart is not pending. If updates were installed but a system restart has not yet occurred, restart your computer before you try to install Internet Explorer 9.
3. Now download IE9 installer and install it offline.
- Internet Explorer 9