Windows API Code Pack is a free source code library that can be used to access some new Windows 7 features from managed code (managed wrapper). These Windows features are not available to developers today in the .NET Framework.
Unfortunately Microsoft couldn’t keep the pace of Windows API Code Pack Roadmap announced at PDC09. But its better to late than never; a newer version of Windows API Code Pack has been made available for .NET Developers, that is specially targeted to Microsoft .NET Framework to implement new features of Windows Vista and Windows 7.
For more details: Windows API Code Pack for Microsoft .NET Framework.
What’s New in release (v1.1)
- Many FxCop violations and PREfast warnings have been addressed
- Bug fixes across various features and samples
- Includes many API improvements
- New features
- Shell Object Watcher
- Preview Handler APIs
- Thumbnail Handler APIs
- New samples for the new features
- Visual Studio 2010 compliance
- Initial xUnit test coverage
- String localization
- Signed assemblies
The Code Pack archive contains compiled binaries, source code, documentation sample applications build using this kit in C# and VB.NET version.