Did you buy a new PC with Windows 8 on it recently? And are you excited about Windows 8.1 that will be available as a free download later today. If your answer is “yes” then we have good news for you.
So here is a quick note. Your PC must meet the minimum system requirements to run Windows 8.1 perfectly. Windows 8.1 needs:
- 1GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1GB RAM (32-bit) / 2GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM (Windows Display Driver Model) 1.0 or higher driver
- And to take advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch (optionally)
This means that users won’t have to pay for a hardware upgrade just to run Windows 8.1, if they are currently running Windows 8 or Windows 7 on their machines. So are you READY?