At MIX, Microsoft announced Silverlight 5 Beta for early adopters and it will continue on track and meet RTW by the end of 2011.
Microsoft released Silverlight 5 Beta Developer Runtime for Windows and Mac. Silverlight is a powerful tool for creating and delivering rich Internet applications and media experiences on the Web. Silverlight 5 builds on the foundation of Silverlight 4 for building business applications and premium media experiences.
Key features of Silverlight 5
- Supports GPU accelerated video decoding
- Built in 3D graphics support
- Variable speed playback of media content with automatic audio pitch correction
- Improved power awareness
- Built in Remote-control support
- Supports faster application startup
- Provides 64-bit browser support
- Automated UI testing support for applications with Visual Studio 2010
- Delivers improved text clarity
- Developers can now debug data-binding expressions, set breakpoints on bindings.